MULE 500 is designed to assist glass companies to handle heavy glass on and off edging machines, glass racks and trucks with greater safety and ease.
It is equipped with a motor for the lifting, without the use of counterweights, but with the front feet on wheels protruding forward. In this case there is no need for counterweights at the rear (of course counterweights are supplied complete as an alternate option)
MULE 500 can be operated by one person, and its design allows the transport and rotation of glass panes to a length of 4400 mm. Adjustable swivel arm with mounted vacuum suction cups allows for safe rotation of glass panes of up to 360 °.
Device has a portable 12 volt battery powered vacuum pump to apply vacuum to four 280 mm vacuum cups. The vacuum pump arms can be swivelled to allow for long narrow plates to be handled safely.
Main benefits of using MULE 500:
- used as an alternative to an overhead crane to handle heavy sheets of glass,
- reduce manpower when rotating plates of glass needed for edging machines,
- improved productivity as less manpower are required to do the same work,
- cover the areas of the warehouse not serviced by an overhead crane,
- safely load trucks outside the glass workshop,
- safe loading, unloading and transport even in difficult terrain.
All QUATTROLIFTS lifting devices are certified under European Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC